Grilled Tuscan Bread Salad
This Tuscan bread salad is made with grilled bread, white beans, artichoke hearts, and colourful bell peppers. It's tossed in a delicious white balsamic dressing and is easy to prepare. You can even make it on the grill for a satisfying summer meal. It's the ideal dish for picnics or potlucks, and you can prepare it ahead of time to serve a large group.
- 1/2 of a rustic bread loaf, about 4 slices, cut into 1" slices (smaller is fine if your loaf is pre-sliced)
- 3 bell peppers of various colours, cut so there is more flat surface area to grill, about 4 pieces per pepper
- 1 sweet onion, slice in 1/2" thick rings
- 15 oz white beans, drained
- 15 oz artichoke hearts in water, drained and sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Brush olive oil on all sides of peppers and onions. Sprinkle with salt just before placing on a preheated hot grill.
- Grill until peppers and onions are lightly charred on both sides and the bread slices are toasty on both sides. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the vinaigrette.
- Drain white beans and place them in a bowl with artichoke hearts.
- Add half of the vinaigrette and toss together.
- Cut grilled vegetables and bread into bite-sized chunks and toss in a bowl along with fresh basil leaves.
- Taste and add more dressing and salt and pepper as needed.
Recipe Courtesy of Feasting at Home.