Strawberry Ginger Punch
Get ready for a delightful experience as the much-awaited season of pick-your-own strawberries is just around the corner! This delightful beverage combines the natural sweetness of juicy strawberries with the invigorating kick of ginger, creating a perfect balance of flavours. Whether you're hosting a summer gathering, planning a picnic, or simply looking to quench your thirst with a unique twist, this punch is sure to impress both your taste buds and your guests.
Ingredients: 6 Servings
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled, halved or quartered if large (about 3 cups), divided 1 3-inch piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1 1/2 cups brandy
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 12-ounce cans of club soda
- Combine sugar, 1/2 cup strawberries, half of ginger, and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until berries soften, about 3 minutes. Let cool. Strain and set syrup aside.
- Muddle 2 cups strawberries, 1/4 cup basil, and the remaining ginger in a large jar or bowl. Add brandy, lime juice, and reserved syrup and stir to combine. Chill for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours to let flavours meld.
- Strain the mixture into a large punch bowl, pressing on solids to release as much liquid as possible.
- Add club soda and remaining 1/2 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup basil. Serve over ice.
- NOTE - MAKE IT AHEAD OF TIME: Syrup can be made up to 1 week ahead. Cover and chill.
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit.