Sun Dried Tomato Pasta with Kale
This sun-dried tomato pasta is a simple and flavourful dish that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a weekend gathering with friends and family when fresh ingredients are abundant with the warmer weather. The sun-dried tomatoes add a burst of flavour and the fresh basil and kale add a touch of freshness and colour to the dish.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped sage
- 12-ounces toscani pasta (or any short pasta)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 cups torn kale leaves
- 8 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated pecorino cheese, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots, fennel, garlic, red pepper flakes, sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and freshly ground black pepper and cook until the fennel is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
- To the skillet, add the white wine and let it reduce for 30 seconds. Then, reduce the heat to low, add the kale, and toss until just wilted. Use a slotted spoon to scoop the cooked pasta into the skillet. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts, and lemon juice and toss.
- Finally, season to taste and serve with generous drizzles of olive oil and freshly grated pecorino cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Love and Lemons