Tart Cherry Cheesecake Parfaits
This light and creamy no-bake parfait recipe is a festive addition to your holiday dinner parties! It can be made in advance to save you some time and will surely satisfy everyone's sweet tooth.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese or creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup coconut solids, scooped from 1 can of chilled full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon oil or lemon zest (optional, but delicious)
- 6 graham crackers
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or hardened coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon water, more as needed
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen tart cherries
- In a food processor, blend together the mascarpone cheese, the thick solid part from the chilled can of coconut milk (reserve the watery part for another use), maple syrup and vanilla until smooth. Taste and decide if you would like your filling sweeter. Add more maple syrup if you like. Transfer to a bowl and chill for at least 1 hour, or until it thickens.
- If using frozen tart cherries, let them thaw in a bowl at room temperature, reserving their juices.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers, walnuts and cinnamon together until crumbled. Add butter or coconut oil and pulse again. Add a little bit of water until the mixture starts to clump a little.
- Assemble parfaits with graham cracker crumble, creamy filling and top generously with tart cherries and their juices.
Recipe courtesy of Love and Lemons.